And while I'm exceptionally good at taking care of all things financial within a business, my true zone of genius is in seeing the most direct path to get you from where you are today in your biz to where you want to be. In the quickest way possible. (Just ask my private clients who've seen 4x increases in their profit since working working with me!)
I have a free snapshot workbook just for you! Click below to grab yours and put on your big picture strategy glasses because we're leaving no stone unturned in putting your plan to build a business you adore in place!
It's true. If you had told me twenty years ago that I would be helping successful entrepreneurs build their businesses, I would have laughed. I had no idea how to manage my own finances, much less someone else’s!
My own path to financial literacy was paved with painful mistakes. And if I had jumped into entrepreneurship back then, I would have experienced many of the same emotions you might be feeling now:
And, without my knowing how to account for it at the time, the cash in my hypothetical business probably would have been flying out the window just as quickly as it was in my personal life.
Why am I telling you all this?
Because I know that not everyone is born a “numbers person.”
Because I’ve felt the discomfort of being insecure about my finances. (Truly, I get it.)
And because I know for sure that this fear, discomfort and confusion around money can be overcome—with a little exposure, education and the right support system.
I was a late bloomer in the world of financial literacy, too.
Even though I’d worked in banking for several years at the start of my career, it wasn’t until I began managing operations for my family’s medical manufacturing business that I realized I had a talent for business building, accounting, and financial management.
I took this newly-discovered talent with me to my next position with a local engineering firm and worked my way up – all the way up – to VP of Finance, Corporate Secretary, and Partner.
One MBA and a buy-in to a multi-million dollar firm later, and I had learned a great deal about running a business where you "sell your brains" for a living, how money can work for and against you, and ways to maximize your finances to grow a your business faster (and with more fun!).
The “old me” never would have imagined becoming an expert in biz growth! But here I was…
Not only had I gotten cozy with numbers, but I had learned how to use them as a tool to take businesses from floundering to flourishing, from great to exceptional.
At the same time, after a decade in that role, I realized that my true passion lay in the work I was doing with friends and family on the side – helping sort out the finances for their small businesses and working with them to achieve their money goals. I decided it was time to embrace my zone of genius so that I could help others pursue theirs.
Because gaining this kind of clarity and control around your numbers erases all feelings of worry, stress and fear about money. It removes that low-level anxiety that you’ve been carrying around, perhaps for years.
Zen Money means understanding your money stories, seeing your present state clearly, and feeling calm, in control and excited about your future.
It’s the exhilaration of fully immersing yourself in what you do best, knowing that your business is running smoothly.
It’s knowing that you’re building a prosperous business that will lead to a thriving personal life.
It’s like putting on a pair of glasses that lets you see your business clearly for very the first time.
First things first...
Where do you start creating Zen Money when you're feeling overworked, overloaded, and overwhelmed? For me, it all began with a little learning...
As a book nerd & educational junky, programs and courses about building an online business showed me how to build my business in a way that gave me the type of lifestyle, flexibility and scalability I needed.
And, that was super fun!
Because, when you know how to effectively manage your finances and have a clear biz strategy, you can build a better business and put more money in your pocket, to boot.
I’m on a mission to help even more mission-driven entrepreneurs to grow a healthier, more profitable business, radically shift how they think about money, and thrive in the process.
Your definition of freedom. Your business. Your way.
If that's you... Hey, there! You're in the right place.
1. At 3, I snuck into our fireplace and shut the doors behind me. My dad was startled to find me peeking out, sooty and smiling, who knows how much later. (Luckily, it was summer and the ashes were cold!)
2. I graduated high school early and spent the last six months of my senior year studying in Rome. Travel has always been a part of my life, but that experience kicked off a lifetime love of adventure.
3. I'm a fan of word puzzles of all kinds and have an obsession with reading to my kids in funny accents.
4. When I was 26, I ran away from corporate banking to teach English in the Czech Republic for a year. (See #2 above.)
5. I've battled Chronic Lyme Disease for over a decade and went 3 years without a diagnosis (thankfully, everything's under control now). It's one of the things that inspired me to make the leap into entrepreneurship for myself!
6. Music has always been a part of my life. I started piano lessons at age five and enjoy teaching my kids on our old spinet, plinking along with them on the ukulele or recorder.
7. I love games of all kinds, but I'm super competitive. In college, my friends banned me from playing Cranium and early in our relationship my husband had to teach me what "taking a knee" means over a game of Scrabble. (Apparently, it's rude to count all the points when you're ahead by so much...)
8. I swear like a pirate. I may have a soft voice and put on a demure face, but get to know me a little and you'll hear quite the potty mouth! My kids are so embarassed...
9. I come from a long line of bakers. Friends have been known to drive hours for a slice of my rhubarb pie.
10. I get really fucking excited by ideas. So excited that I have to interrupt to share my thoughts on how to help. (I apologize in advance for all the f-bombs I'll probably be dropping, too. #seriouscaseof pirate)
Liz creates this energy of peace and calm where you can relax and know that your business is going to be okay... while helping you build solid strategies and make smart decisions for your business.
Did you know I'm a 2x best-selling author? My books - Zen Money Map: Charge Your Worth, Pay Yourself First, and Fund Your Wildest Dreams and From Zero To Zen: Secret Keys to Nurturing Your Numbers and Finding Financial Flow - are available on Amazon!
Liz Lajoie is the money strategist who swears like a pirate and shows business owners how to fall in love with spreadsheets and P&L reports. (Yes, really!) With her Zen MoneyⓇ books and programs, you’ll get all the money wisdom no one ever taught you, along with plenty of “Ooh, so that’s how it’s done!”
The result is a cushy cash buffer, as you burst through what you previously thought was your earning potential—and have more than enough to fund your business AND your dreams, give back, and most importantly, forgive yourself for any past money mistakes so you can move on and confidently spend (or save) like the savvy business sage you’re destined to be.
Thanks to Liz’s wildly effective teachings, it just takes 15 minutes a week to build your money skills and zap the procrastination that keeps you from making the strong money moves that put you on the path to working less while making more. Yes, this is possible! Liz’s genius is helping transform the so-called numerically challenged into bold decision makers and competent implementers.
Liz went from riding high on credit card debt in her twenties to working with multi-million-dollar companies, and then on to helping thousands of business owners heal their emotional scars with money—so they can stop freaking out, give themselves a raise, and free up time to do what they actually love. While Liz’s private clients regularly quadruple their profit, people also call Liz a business therapist. Dip your toes in the Zen Money mindset she’s created and you’ll instantly see why.
While Liz’s teachings are a far cry from the dry Wall St Journal, with Zen Money you’ll discover that there are no “hidden money secrets” and that you’re already closer to stepping into your pretty CEO shoes than you think.
If you’re done worrying about making expensive mistakes, and ready to go with a guide who’s helped thousands of business owners, check out her work!